20. The U.S. Congress will continue to vote primarily along party lines (Duh). This will increase the chance of a third-party movement gaining momentum.
19. The Wuhan coronavirus will spread in a similar way as other SARS-like coronaviruses. All cities with direct flights to Wuhan will be infected.
18. I will run 5 miles at a 9-min mile pace, 4 miles at an 8.5-min mile pace, 3 miles at an 8-min mile pace, 2 miles at a 7.5-min mile pace, and 1 mile in 6.5 min.
17. I will update this blog from at least two other countries.
16. Apple will have an exciting “one more thing”.
15. AMD will continue to take away server market share from Intel.
14. A 3rd-party candidate will shake up the U.S. presidential election.
13. Alan Greenspan’s coined phrase irrational exuberance will become a trending hash tag.
12. Religions across the world will reclaim their role as protectors of the long-term survival of humanity by joining together with a common voice against climate change.
11. Gasoline prices, Gold, and Bitcoin will spike higher with Gold hitting $2000/oz and Bitcoin topping $20,000.
10. April will be a tough month for the stock market, which will end 2020 roughly even after a rollercoaster of a year.
9. Ruth Bader Ginsburg will remain a Supreme Court justice longer than Trump will remain President.
8. Combined global land and ocean surface temperature for August 2020 will be almost a full degree Celsius above the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F).
7. Over half of U.S. states will legalize marijuana for at least medicinal purposes, and over half of those will also legalize marijuana for recreational use. Vaping will continue to be increasingly banned.
6. CERN’s plans to build a 100 kilometer particle accelerator will move forward while China’s plans to build a similarly sized particle accelerator will remain uncertain.
5. Tom Steyer will continue to gain unexpected support for President at the expense of Biden.
4. Bernie will gain the Democratic nomination in a brokered convention and will select a woman as his running mate.
3. Despite all of the saber rattling, 2020 will be a peaceful year.
2. Trump will not be removed from office.
1. The Battlestar Galactica Series coming in 2020 on NBC will have a unique storyline that will be well received by most Battlestar Galactica fans.
One thought on “2020 Day 20: Twenty predictions for 2020”